REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Small Animal Medicine Mini Boot Camp Series: Canine Epilepsy
Date: Saturday, December 11, 2021
Time: 8:30 am - 11:30 am (PST)
CE Credit: Up to 3.0 hours (approved)
Location: via live Webinar
LIVE WEBINAR: The webinar will be live (PST) and interactive via Aventri Virtual Platform. The live sessions will be available as a recording to all registered attendees. If you do not attend the event live, you will not be able to receive CE credit.
UC Davis SVM Employees and Students: Special pricing available. Select SVM Employee or SVM student when registering.
|REGISTRATION EXTENDED DEADLINE: DECEMEBER 10, 2021 at 4:00 PM||REGISTRRATION BEFORE NOVEMBER 26, 2021||REGISTRATION NOVEMBER 26, 2021 AND AFTER|
|Registered Veterinary Technician||$79.00||$129.00|
In this session the instructors will discuss the recent developments regarding the pathophysiology and management of canine epilepsy including:
- Classifications of seizures
- Appropriate drugs for seizure management
- Expectations of therapy
- What to do with the patient is refractory to treatment
We are so thrilled to host two world renowned neurologists who will provide their insights on this disease.
Our featured speakers are:
Peter Dickinson BVSc (Hons), PhD DACVIM (neurology) and Holger Volk DVM PhD PGCAP DipECVN
- Pete Dickinson BVSc, PhD, DACVIM (Neurology)
- Dr. Dickinson is currently Professor of Neurology/Neurosurgery and Chief of Service at UC Davis Veterinary School. His research focus is in the area neurooncology, specifically the molecular genetic characterization of primary brain tumors and development of novel therapeutic strategies for canine brain tumors. He has published numerous manuscripts on canine gliomas and animal models of neurological disease.
- Holger Volk DVM, PhD, PGCAP, DipECVN
- Our guest speaker is Dr. Holger Volk, Professor of Small Animal Diseases and the Head of Department of Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Veterinary Medicine Hanover, Germany. He also holds an Honorary Senior Lecturer position from University College, London and an Honorary Professorship in Veterinary Neurology and Neurosurgery at the Royal Veterinary College. He is the chair of the International Veterinary Epilepsy Task Force and published seven consensus statements for canine and feline epilepsy. He also served as the co-chair for the ACVIM epilepsy consensus statement.
|8:30 am - 8:40 am (PST)||WELCOME + ANNOUNCEMENTS
Jodi Westropp, DVM, PhD, DACVIM
|8:40 am - 11:30 am||
- CE Certificates
- Attendance is recorded when you join a session.
You must login through the virtual lobby with the email you registered with and your reference number.
The virtual lobby link will be provided by email approximately 2 weeks before the event to registered attendees.
Participants are responsible for determining if specific programs are accepted for CE credit by their State Licensing Board.
CE Certificates will be emailed out to registrants, who attended the live webinar, approximately 2 weeks after the event.
- Aventri Virtual Platform Preferred Browser Information
- You can watch the event on your computer.
We recommend attendees to use Google Chrome as it is the preferred the Browser to use when logging into the Virtual Platform.
Make sure you have the latest Google Chrome version.
Make sure you allow access to sound on Google Chrome for Aventri's Virtual Platform.
If you are using a different Browser other than Google Chrome, make sure your Browser's version is up to date and allow access to sound for Aventri's Virtual Platform.
- Aventri Virtual Platform Log In Information
- You will receive an additional email, about 2 weeks prior to the event date, with information on how to log in on the day of the event.
You will enter the virtual platform by signing in with the email address you registered with and your last name.
- Cancellation Policy
- A refund will be made, less $30.00 cancellation fee, for cancellations made prior to November 26, 2021.
All requests must be made in writing. Submit cancellation request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You to Our Corporate Partner
The CCPE Office relies on educational grants from our corporate partners. Click to view/download the corporate partner info on how to support this program.