Date: Saturday & Sunday, February 9-10, 2019
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT
Location: Gladys Valley Hall, UC Davis
CE Credit: Up to 16 hours of CE credits
Webinar: The webinar will be live (in Pacific Standard Time) and interactive; it will count for full CE credit. No recording will be available for view after the event. If you have never attended a Zoom Webinar meeting before, test your computer or device here.
Online registration will be available soon.
Cost for the Event:
DVM (with CE credit): onsite = $445; webinar = $325
RVT (with CE credit): onsite = $325; webinar = $225
Discount prices for general public, UCD employees and UCD students are available for view at checkout.
The preliminary schedule will be available soon.
Our two-day Winter Conference is back again this year! We are thrilled to have Stanley Marks, BVSc, PhD, DACVN, DACVIM provide two keynote note lectures for the canine medicine club track. Dr. Marks graduated from the University of Pretoria, South Africa, in 1986 and completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the University of Missouri, Columbia in 1987. He completed a small animal residency program at the University of Florida and an oncology residency program at the University of California, Davis. Dr. Marks earned his PhD in nutrition from the University of California, Davis. Dr. Marks is currently a Professor at UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine and is a world renowned expert in gastroenterology and dysphagia in dogs.
Other highlights for the two-day conference include:
- Dr. Boaz Arzi will provide lectures & feline dental laboratory (separate registration required for the lab)
- Dr. Nina Mouledous will provide an insightful discussion on professional liability issues
- Dr. Lance Visser will provide a session on cardiology clinical trials
- Dr. Jamie Peyton has organized lectures dedicated to integrative medicine. She will also be discussing her investigations on the use of fish skins to heal burns. Warning, the following video does contain some graphic images of burns: https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/news/healing-animals-with-fish-skins
- The student FARM club will host their beef producer symposium- for more information on those sessions and to register for the beef producer/cattle improvement symposium, please click here.
We will also cover several other topics including:
- Livestock medicine
- And even sessions on bees and bee keeping for anyone interested in the science of bees. Special general public pricing available for this session too!
Speakers for the Event:
- Boaz Arzi, DVM, DAVDC, DEVDC
- Colleen Beishbush
- Mercedes Depaolo, DVM
- Peter Dickinson, BVSc, PhD, DACVIM (neurology)
- Lauren Eichstadt Forsythe, PharmD, DICVP, FSVHP
- Jeffrey Hall, DVM, PhD, DABVT
- Brian Hardy, DVM, MS, DACVIM
- Jennifer Larsen, DVM, PhD, DACVN
- Chai Fei Li, DVM, DACVIM (neurology)
- Stanley Marks, BVsC, PhD, DACVIM, DACVN
- Frank Mitloehner, PhD
- Nina Mouledous, DVM
- Elina Lastro Nino, PhD
- Alyssa Louie, DVM, MPVM
- Brett McNabb, DVM, MPVM, DACT, DABVP
- Justin Oldfield
- Catherine Outerbridge, DVM, DACVIM, DACVD
- Jamie Peyton, DVM, DACVCC
- Christine Toedebusch, DVM, PhD
- Alison Van Eenennaam, PhD